Warm Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1/2 cup Recipe From: SNA Database
Yield: 200 Source: NH Department of Education
· 20 oz. Spinach
· 1/2 cup or 4 oz. Olive Oil
· 24 each Apples, Red Delicious
· 8 onions Red Onions, Sliced
· 2 cups or 16 oz. Balsamic Vinegar
· 2 cups. Olive Oil
· 2 cups. Almonds, Toasted, Sliced or Silvered
1. Wash and de-vein spinach, removing stems. Air-dry spinach or put into a salad spinner until dry.
2. Heat olive oil in large sauté pan or tilt skillet.
3. Halve apples lengthwise and cut into quarters. Remove cores. Slice into long thin slices.
4. Skin and slice onion in half. Slice into thin strips or julienne.
5. Add apples and onions to hot olive oil and sauté until slightly wilted and red onion begins to bleed.
6. De-glaze pan with balsamic vinegar and remove from heat. Add remainder of olive oil and toss hot onion apple mixture into washed and dried spinach. Toss well.
7. Serve 1/2 cup per portion with garnish of toasted almonds.
HACCP Tips: Wash hands and clean all food preparation surfaces.
Turkey Pita Pizzazz
Serving Size: 1/2 Pita Recipe From: SNA Database
50 each 6-inch Pita pockets, whole wheat or white
3 lbs., 2 oz. Spinach leaves, wilted
6 lbs., 4 oz. Turkey breast, cooked, julienne
6 lbs., 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tsp Garlic, minced
8 each Bay Leaf
1 Tbsp., 1 tsp. Basil Leaves, Dry
2 tsps. Thyme Leaves, Dry
1/4 tsp. White Pepper
1 Tbsp., 1 tsp. Oregano Leaves
1/2 cup. Tomato Juice, Canned
1 qt. Tomato Sauce, Canned
3 1/2 cups Tomatoes, Crushed, Canned
Combine garlic, spices and tomato juice in a saucepan or steam kettle. Boil and reduce until nearly dry.
Add tomato sauce and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat. Remove bay leaves.
Spread 1 oz. tomato mixture over each whole pita bread.
Place 1/4 cup lightly blanched spinach on sauce and top with 2 oz. turkey.
Place 2 oz. (or 1/2 cup) shredded cheese on top of turkey.
Bake in a conventional oven at 350º F for 13 minutes or a convection oven at 350º F for 8 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Cut into halves and serve one half per portion.
Orange Spinach Salad with Honey Dill Dressing
Serving Size: 1/2 cup Yield: Approx. 30 each
· 10 oz. Fresh Spinach Place all ingredients in bowl. Toss.
· 1 Head Iceberg lettuce
· 2 Tablespoons Onions, Diced
· 2 Tablespoons Green Pepper, Diced
· 2 Large Oranges, Peeled & Sectioned
· 1 Cucumber, Shredded
Honey Dill Dressing
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon Yield: 2 cups or 32 Servings
· 11/2 cups Low-Fat Mayonnaise Mix all ingredients in bowl.
· 1/4 cup Honey Pour over salad or serve on side.
· 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
· 2 Tablespoons Dill Weed
Yummy Spinach Dip
Ingredients: Yield: Approx. 4 cups
· 2 each 10 oz. Packages Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed
· 1/2 cup Mild White Onion, Finely Chopped
· 3 Cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
· 2 cups Raw Red Pepper, Finely Chopped
· 1 cup Low-Fat Sour Cream
· 1 cup Low-Fat Mayonnaise
· Optional: Salt & Pepper for Additional Seasoning
· Assorted Colorful Raw Vegetables for Dipping
Squeeze the water out of the spinach, and place the spinach in a mixing bowl. Stir in the onion, garlic, red pepper, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Let the dip sit at room temperature for 1 hour for the flavors to mix. Stir again before serving. This dip keeps well refrigerated for 1 week.
Recipe From: Dole Food Company, Inc.